We have been receiving a lot of enquiries from women about receiving Medical Abortion tablets by mail. In short, the answer is no. We cannot simply send you the Medical Abortion pills.
Women in need of a Medical Abortion need to be assessed for the following reasons:
- to determine that she is definitely pregnant.
- to asses the age of the pregnancy, how far into the pregnancy is she?
- we need to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.
- we need to asses any contraindications (she may not be able to take this medication).
- she will need a blood test to determine her Rh factor.
It is for these reasons we cannot send the tablets without a consultation.
What we can do is see you in person and at the first consultation commence the medical abortion by administering the first pill and sending the patient home with the remaining tablets that will need to be taken at home, two days later.
We will liaise with a local doctor of her choice to provide follow up care and in addition, we provide confidential and caring support over the phone.